Appreciating April


 

I am sitting with a marvellous cup of strong tea and a yummy Yorkie. I am still, and all I can hear is the wind howling, the clock ticking and my fingers tipping the keys. A time for reflection after a crazy month of March. The little ones are away until 2pm. They have been home with me for the best part of the last 4 weeks due to various illnesses.

I started writing this blog to help me document and deal with my reality in a creative way, and to hopefully make people laugh and realise they are not alone in the madness mix. Having a little too much time to think, and not enough time to write lately, has let my mind whirr away a little, and I feel the need to re-adjust and reflect and perhaps reiterate what 'Life is not Pinterest Perfect' is all about for me. It is a running joke that my life is hectic and crazy, and my purpose is to share the 'not so perfect side' of what really is... the most perfect life I could have.

I began to think that perhaps I was taking the joke a little too far, but then no, because everything I document is truth, it happens and it's real. Should I start writing about the perfect things to provide balance? Hell no, there's enough of that online and it defeats the purpose of my blog.

Life is tough and while yes of course, there are one or two things I'd love to tweek and change, on reflection I'm pretty blessed with my lot. I feel I need to share that, in case people think, that all I do is live a stressful, chaotic, unappreciative existence. I know I am 100% truly blessed. I have the most beautiful little home, in one of the most beautiful parts of this little country. We have an amazing sunset every evening, come hail, rain or shine, and for this I am so glad, you have no idea. We are surrounded by trees and nature and I feel settled and at home here. In our home, we have three wonderful children who are so precious and so different and intricate and whom I love more than anything in this world, and will do anything for. I have an extremely hard working hubby, a little too hard working, but a bloody hard worker all the same, and a most fantastic daddy to our 3 babies.

We are by no means perfect but we do our best. We work hard to achieve what we want. Nothing comes, or has come easy, and in most ways that is good and humbling. We appreciate things all the more because we have earned them and deserve them when we get there. Yes it can be frustrating getting there, but the satisfaction of getting there ourselves outweighs all of this in the long run.

The kids will know this too. They see it every day and I hope it is instilled in them. I want them to know they have to work hard for what they want in life. It's good to have a goal to work towards otherwise we are just ticking along on and even keel, no highs, no lows. Life is about highs and lows, the lows make you appreciate the highs all the more, so in essence, the lows too can be turned into something positive.

This is how I roll...with the punches.Yes there are tough times and when you are in them, you may be down. Afterall, there was rotavirus in your children's creche, which was quickly followed by a plague of chicken pox, which meant they were essentially house bound for the past 4 weeks and you got no articles written, no work done for clients and no flashy new website uploaded for fledgling business!! Felt like giving up? Yes, of course. I mean who did I think I was trying to set up a business when I am a mum of three? But that was when I was rolling with the punches.

Today our kiddies are better, or at least getting there. I have picked myself up and dusted myself off. I survived another little storm, it was tough but yet again, I have come our stronger for it. I will now continue to write my blogs about the not so perfect side of our crazy little lives AND set up my own business... even though I am a mum of three :)




Comments

Popular Posts