Was There a Full Moon Last Night?



“Buy why do you and Neala get to sleep on the couch?” Eurgh. Trying ever so hard not lose the rag, while wondering if there was a full moon last night. I politely explain to our middle man how his baby sister is ill and the sitting room has no carpet should another of her involuntary refluxes occur. Through gritted teeth I explain that he is very lucky that he can go back to mammy and daddy’s big huge, spacious, empty bed while I kick myself that I didn’t catch more sleep before the craziness struck the house.

Somewhere pretty early on in the night I end up in the middle of our bed between our two boys with knees, knuckles and elbows all precisely pointed and pressed into me, then a little call out from the kids room and our little girl would like to join us too. A quick discussion with my husband to confirm the logistics of this operation, and we decide he should bale to the bottom bunk in the kids room, and deliver her ladyship in beside the rest.

I settle back to bed and naively relish the thought that I will have more space being that my husband is so much bigger than our three year old, but then you’d be surprised how much space a lip-gloss thieving little girl can occupy. Eventually everyone went back to sleep, and I lay some more, thinking about all I needed to do today and unusually not able to sleep. 

When I did finally fall asleep it was for a blissful 20 minutes until little Bo Peep encountered a dodgy tummy, which ended up on a pillow and a top and thankfully very little other collateral damage. A quick dash to the bathroom with her under my arm, I turn to find the boys have followed us to the bathroom too?

There was no one in bed now, apart from hubby blissfully unaware  in the kid’s room. It was at this point I decided I would camp on the couch with the little lady. Change of clothes, two dressing gowns, a spare duvet and hot water bottle later, I snuggle in beside her making the best of the rotten situation and thanking my parents for making me on the short side so I fit into the couch perfectly. 

Nearly 5 am and I hope to fall asleep,  it’s nice and quiet and calm again until our wily boys potter out to the couch blinking so pathetically, I almost told them to hop in with me again. But I didn’t, besides which, there was nowhere they could fit. The thought of our lovely big cosy bed, so much better than a couch and here I am at 5am being asked “why do you and Neala get to sleep on the couch”…sigh.


Eventually the two boys decided they’d try their luck with dad, the battle was lost. And so, there were 3 in the bottom bunk and us two girls on the couch. Not for long though, I woke with the three of them sittingon top of me, literally, with the TV blaring at 7am. The prospect of PT this morning... #bleak. At least sun is shining :)


Comments

Popular Posts