BLOODY BISCUITS

So sugary, sweet, sacred and comforting. Evil evil biscuits. My hugest of downfalls, after chocolate and alcohol. Admittedly, I have a sugar addiction which I am trying to kick since last summer. I have what I like to call a "balanced" diet. 50% wholesome, and oh so healthy food, and 50% crap. 50-50= even balance, yes? Who am I kidding.

I am lucky in that I exercise a fair bit, so that 'kind of' counteracts the weight issues, but I KNOW, there is a lot more to consider with the evils of sugar. It seems these seemingly innocent and inviting little bikkies are just always there, when you most need them.

A chorus of "MUM, can I have socks, MUM, can I have tea, MUM can I have a glass of fresh cold water, all at the same time. I'm breathing, paddling, staying calm, I reach for the fridge, and check myself. No, I must at least wait until they are at school. Lead by example and all that.

I leave them to school, carry on with jobs, clean out the fire, dust after cleaning the fire, drop the lighter into the bag of kindling, BISCUITS!!. I push them out of my head. Spend an eternity looking for the lighter, manage to get 1 splinter, and avoid 5, BISCUITS!! I light the fire and bloody have to dust again because that's what happens when you light the fire.  Seriously, I totally deserve a biscuit.

I pass the time, keeping busy and make it to half 10. I decide it's ok to now make a cup of tea, because it feels like it's a tea break kind of time of morning. Then I proceed to eat the entire packet of Café Noir. ALL of them. Tummy aches. Granted I had eaten 6 or 7 out of the packet last night.

I shouldn't have ate them, do I feel better for it? Nope! Do I feel guilty? yep! Why do I do it????

Thank feck I am going to the gym tonight. Might ease the guilt.

I am glad I finished the packet actually... at least they are gone now! Banished from the house forever.

Or at least that particulary packet is... Sonja x

Comments

Popular Posts