MAGAZINES & MIRRORS

Only about 4 weeks too late, I finally made it to the hairdresser to get my roots, and indeed my frayed ends seen to. Delighted I managed to get a babysitter and scrape enough funds to make the rare trip, I plonked myself into the chair, relishing the fact that I was there on my own to get my hair done.

I'm sitting in the chair, decidedly chuffed with myself, sipping on a lovely cup of tea and flicking through the tabloid type magazines, that I used to love to buy until I realised I'm now probably older than most of the'celebs' in them, only slightly I might add. I'm more accustomed to purchasing house and home, interior type magazines now. They really are a lot more sypathetic to a girls' dilemmas with growing up,getting older and gravity.

Anyhow, flicking through the glossy mags, I stopped to look closely at "her" hair, "her" dress, doesn't "she" have the most amazing figure? has "she" had something done, do you think?  I LOVE that dress.

Feck it anyway. My happy buzz slightly bruised, I closed the magazines. I'm getting my hair done, so in the words of a really quite clever Taylor Swift, I decided I would "shake it off".

I shook it off, and decided to look ahead... move forward... yes... go me. I looked ahead and holy hell, was that me???? I double glanced in the mirror, and checked my face again. Christ, when did this happen? Was it the lighting? Was it some trickery with the mirrors? Why did I not put on a little more make-up, or perhaps I had too much on? Maybe I was brainwashed by the magazines. I just looked a little unfamiliar. Granted it probably has been a while since I sat so still in front of a mirror.

 By the time the girls were trimming my dead ends I must have had at least 10k spent in my head on what I would do if I won the lotto!

I have since resigned/ convinced myself to the fact that magazines and mirrors are nonsense. I also booked a facial :) Sonja x

Comments

Popular Posts